“Healthcare CEOs again lead the way in pay
The highest pay packages go to CEOs at healthcare companies. For the third time in four years, chief executives in the healthcare field led the S&P 500 in terms of total compensation. The typical CEO in the industry made $16.1 million last year, which means half earned more than that, and half made less.
A look at the top and bottom-paid CEOs last year, by industry, as calculated by The Associated Press and Equilar, an executive data firm:
1. Healthcare, median compensation of $16.1 million, up from $14.7 million a year earlier.
2. Basic materials (includes energy), $12.8 million, up from $12.5 million.
3. Services (includes retailers), $12.4 million, up from $11 million.
4. Industrial goods, $11.7 million, up from $11.5 million.
5. Financial, $11.4 million, up from $9.7 million.
6. Technology, $11.1 million, up from $10.1 million.
7. Consumer goods, $10.6 million, up from $9.4 million.
8. Utilities, $9.7 million, up from $9 million.”
“Healthcare CEOs Again Lead the Way in Pay,” Associated Press via Modern Healthcare, May 28th, 2019.